29 July 2019Strawberry Sundae Inspired Cupcakes
A unique take on Ekka's iconic strawberry sundae. This easy and delicious recipe is best made with local and fresh ingredients.
225g salted butter
4 large room temperature free range eggs
1 Cup white sugar
200g self raising flour
10ml vanilla extract
1 tsp grated lime or lemon
- Beat the sugar and butter with the whisk attachment until light and pale fluffy. The sugar must be dissolved right through and the mixture should look like a little bit of heaven…all light and fluffy
- Now put the mixer on to really low and add the self-raising flour, eggs and vanilla and zest. Mix well to form a smooth batter
- Now pour into a greased cupcake tin or cupcake papers
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180°c (160°c fan forced) or until lightly golden brown and a skewer comes out clean from the middle
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool
- Once cooled I simply piped these with whipped cream, some sliced strawberries and white chocolate curls or bark
Ekka's Cookery Competition is one of Queensland's largest and most prestigious cooking competitions. Novice to professional bakers battle it out to claim the coveted Blue Ribbon.