Friends of Ekka - RNA Charity Policy
The RNA provides a quota of free entry tickets to the Ekka, for recognised charity organisations and Queensland schools for fundraising purposes.
Ekka is Queensland's largest community event and the RNA is proud to support our Friends of Ekka, so all Queenslanders have a chance to experience the magic of the show.
All applications are assessed by the RNA Friends of Ekka Charity Committee and all charities are notified accordingly.
Every Queenslander should have the opportunity to experience the Ekka.
As Queensland's most loved community event, our aim is to aid those who may not have the means or support to visit Ekka themselves.
The Committee will assess applications based on the following criteria:
- Does the charity provide direct support to people within their community?
- Has the charity previously received Friends of Ekka support? The RNA aims to assist as many groups as possible. Charities who have received support in previous years will be considered, but should not expect exclusivity
- Is the applicant a registered Queensland charitable organisation (please provide ACNC number) or a Queensland school?
- The applicant's description of how support from Friends of Ekka will benefit the individual
- Ratio of carers to individual benefactors and reason for such
Successful applications will be required to provide as requested:
- Details of their charity's mission and charter
- Logo, photograph (if available) and short description of the charity for use in the Ekka Media Information Guide
- Details of recipients attending the show - name and age
- Ratio of carers to individual benefactors
- Time and date of visit to Ekka
Media policy: from time to time media enquire about our Friends of Ekka program. Please indicate if you are happy for media attention and promotion of your charity and visit to the show.