TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE SHOW TICKET SALES
Application of terms
A reference to “RNA” in these Terms and Conditions is to The Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland ABN 41 417 513 726 trading as the Brisbane Showgrounds, Ekka (also known as the Royal Queensland Show) and the Royal International Convention Centre, and the related bodies and agencies associated with the Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show.
A reference to “Ekka Ticket” in these Terms and Conditions is to any admission ticket to the Ekka issued by the RNA or its authorised ticket agents, including but not limited to group tickets, the value passes set out in paragraph 7 (Value Packs) and multi-day ticket passes (including the Two Day Pass and the Return Visit Pass).
By purchasing an Ekka Ticket through the RNA or its authorised agents you are acknowledging and agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions, the general terms and conditions for ticket sales and entry (accessible at https://www.ekka.com.au/terms-and-conditions), as well as any other conditions specified by the RNA on its website.
- Your Ekka Ticket is issued for use at the Ekka from Friday 11 August 2017 to Sunday 20 August 2017 (Show Period).
- Each Ekka Ticket allows single (1) entry for the holder of the Ekka Ticket during the Show Period.
- Each Two Day Pass is valid for two (2) entries to the Ekka which must be used on two different days during the Show Period. Two Day Pass holders are not required to enter the Ekka on consecutive days. The Two Day Pass will be available for sale prior to the Show Period, at the discretion of the RNA.
- Each Return Visit Pass entitles the ticket holder to an additional day of entry following first entry to the Ekka within the Show Period. Return Visit Pass holders are not required to enter the Ekka on consecutive days. The Return Visit Pass is available for sale during the Show Period at any information booth within the Brisbane Showgrounds.
- All ticket sales are final and no refund will ensue for change of mind or personal circumstances.
Value Packs, Add-ons and Ride Cards
- Burger and Drink Vouchers included with any Ekka Ticket will be emailed to the nominated email address of the ticket purchaser together with any Ekka Tickets purchased.
- Burger and Drink Vouchers must be redeemed at the food outlets stated on each relevant voucher.
- Ride Cards may be collected at any information booth within the Brisbane Showgrounds upon presentation of the Rider Family Value Pack, the Ultimate Family Value Pack or the Ride Card Voucher.
- All persons intending to gain entry under a Value Pack must enter the gate as a group at the same time.
- Ride Card Vouchers will not be available for sale until further notice.
- Valid Ekka Ticket holders may be granted a pass which allows them to leave and to re-enter the Brisbane Showgrounds (a Pass Out), subject to the conditions in this section.
- Pass Outs may be claimed free of charge by Ekka Ticket holders at any information booth within the Brisbane Showgrounds between 9am - 8pm on any day the ticket holder enters the Ekka with an Ekka Ticket.
- Each Ekka Ticket holder is permitted to claim one (1) Pass Out per day only.
- Pass Outs are only valid for use for re-entry to the Brisbane Showgrounds on the day the Pass Out is issued.
- The RNA reserves all rights to refuse entry to the Ekka to any person who does not hold a valid Pass Out.
- Ekka Tickets must not be offered for resale including via online sale platforms such as eBay and Gumtree, except via RNA’s authorised agents.
Authorised Ekka 2017 tickets agents
Below is a list of the RNA’s current authorised ticket resellers. This list may be amended by the RNA from time to time without notice. Ekka Tickets should not be purchased from unauthorised resellers. If you purchase Ekka Tickets from an unauthorised reseller, the RNA has the right to refuse your entry and will not provide any refund or exchange on the Ekka Tickets so purchased.
- Participating Woolworths stores
- Participating Queensland Rail stations
- QRI Lifestyle
- SDAQ - Shop, Distributive & Allied Employees' Association Qld
- API Leisure and Lifestyle
- Fashion Tour Pty Ltd (Overseas Tourist only)
- The operation of some attractions may be affected by adverse weather conditions or maintenance activity.
- The RNA reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, displays, exhibitions and attractions and/or vary advertised programs, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- The RNA reserves the right to prohibit the use of cameras, audio and video recorders.
- The RNA reserves the right to inspect all bags and containers being brought into the Brisbane Showgrounds and refuse entry to any person carrying any item that in the RNA's absolute discretion is dangerous or prohibited.
- The RNA reserves the right to refuse entry to any person whose Pass is damaged, has been defaced in any way, does not have a fully visible barcode or was not obtained through a ticket seller authorised by the RNA. List of authorised ticket seller can be found on this page. Only Passes with a valid barcode (printed or shown on mobile devices) are valid for entry. Fraudulent use will be referred to police.
- The RNA reserves the right to require the presentation of valid and current ID such as an Australian driver’s licence, Australian passport or proof of age on a Concession, Child or Little Ekka Pass. Carer with a valid carer or companion card receives free entry if accompanying disabled person (1 carer per person). List of accepted concession cards is available for viewing on www.ekka.com.au.
- Persons entering the Brisbane Showgrounds do so at their own risk. The RNA accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to any person or thing.
- Persons entering the Brisbane Showgrounds waive all rights in relation to any photograph, image or likeness of them produced whilst attending the Royal Queensland Show (Ekka). The RNA retains all rights in all images it produces.
- No alcohol or drugs of any type shall be brought on to the premises.
- Scooters (except mobility scooters), skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, hover boards, segways or other equipment that may interfere with pedestrian traffic are not permitted.
- The RNA reserves the right to refuse entry or remove guests from the Brisbane Showgrounds for vandalism, stealing, offensive behaviour, queue line jumping, failure to follow safety instructions or in the sole adjudication of any RNA staff member or duly deputised RNA representative any person who exhibits ant-social behaviour or fails to comply with these terms & conditions.
- Ekka is a smoke free event.
Ekka Learning Trail
Complete the trail to go into the draw for your chance to win. All you have to do is follow these six easy steps:
- Collect your Ekka Learning Trail passport when you arrive at the Ekka
- Find the six trail points hidden along the trail
- Collect a passport stamp at each of the six trail points
- Once you have collected all six stamps, fill out your details including your school name
- Place your completed passport into any of the entry boxes stationed around the Ekka
- Winners will be randomly selected on the last day of the Ekka and notified by email on Tuesday 22 August 2017.
- The winner will receive a fully interactive Meccanoid Robot (2 foot), valued at $300 provided by Street Science.
- The winner’s school will receive one Street Science Show valued at $1,500 provided by Street Science.