Ekka’s $6 and $3 return travel ticket
Trains arrive and depart from Exhibition Station right in the middle of the Brisbane Showgrounds and dedicated Ekka buses stop close to entry gates.
TransLink’s Ekka Travel Ticket is excellent value at just $6 for adults and $3 child/concession for return travel from anywhere on the TransLink network. Just present your pre-purchased Ekka entry ticket (either a hard ticket or online ticket on your mobile phone) at a Queensland Rail station during ticket office opening hours from 10th August, or to your bus or ferry driver on the day you’re heading to Ekka.
Terms and conditions apply.
Ekka train services
Trains to Exhibition station will run at regular intervals from Roma Street, Central and Fortitude Valley stations from approximately 9am to 8pm each day of the Ekka. The last train will depart Exhibition station at 11pm. The steam train service will run 10am - 3pm on Show Holiday Wednesday, 15 August, 2018.
Shuttle buses will travel to Herston busway station from the Carindale bus interchange and Eight Mile Plains busway station throughout the Ekka.
Herston busway station is about 500 metres or a ten minute walk from Ekka entry gates 6 and 7 along a dedicated path.
For more information visit translink.com.au.
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of use for Translink Ekka travel ticket:
- The Ekka travel ticket is only valid for travel to and from Brisbane Showgrounds between Friday 10 August and Sunday 19 August 2018.
- The special event Ekka travel ticket will be available to customers who have pre purchased an Ekka entry ticket, or an Ekka accreditation pass.
- The Ekka travel ticket is only valid for one inbound journey and one outbound journey. Travel must be completed on the same day (or the last scheduled service of the day).
- Customers must be in possession of a valid Ekka Ticket (electronic or printed RACQ) or Ekka Accreditation Pass (includes Member, Member guest, staff, Contractor, Exhibitors, Media and Crew) to purchase the Ekka travel ticket.
- Ekka Travel tickets are not available for purchase from a fare machine. They are only available from attended Queensland Rail ticket offices or on-board bus (except pre-paid services), CityCat or City Cross River Ferry services (excludes CityHopper).
- Ekka travel tickets are only valid for travel on the date of purchase on-board the bus or ferry.
- Tickets purchased from attended Queensland Rail ticket offices will be undated. Customers will need to write in biro pen the date of travel on the ticket prior to travel.
- The combined Ekka entry and travel ticket is only available for purchase at attended Queensland Rail stations.
- Ekka travel tickets are non-refundable and not transferable from one person to another.
- Concession card holders purchasing a special event Ekka travel ticket need to be in possession of a valid concession eligibility card (excluding children 5-14 years of age). Refer to the Translink website for full list of approved concession eligibility cards.
- Tertiary students will need to provide a current student ID card issues by a Queensland educational institution in addition to an Ekka entry ticket or Ekka accreditation pass to purchase a Ekka Travel ticket.
- The Ekka travel ticket can be used on all TransLink integrated, scheduled and special event transport.
- Normal TransLink ticketing and fares apply on all TransLink services.
- go card can be used to travel to and from Ekka. Normal go card fares apply. Exhibition station will be zone 1.
- There will be no additional charge for the loop service between Roma Street, Central and Fortitude Valley stations.
- Not valid for travel on Airtrain services.
- Transfers are permitted in order to travel to Exhibition Station or Ekka precinct bus stop.
- Ekka precinct bus stops are within the boundary of Herston busway, O'Connell Terrace, Brookes Street, St Pauls Terrace and Bowen Bridge Road.
- When travelling on Queensland Rail services, the Ekka travel ticket is valid for travel to and from Exhibition station only.
- When travelling on bus services, the Ekka travel ticket is valid for travel to and from bus stops in the Ekka precinct only (refer to map below).
- Companion card holders must be in possession of a valid ticket ($6 adult or $3 child/concession Ekka travel ticket, paper ticket, approved pass (like VITP or go card). Companions are entitled to travel free of charge.
- Normal conditions of travel apply.