The Ekka Learning Trail
Kids will be inspired as they follow the Ekka Learning Trail each step of the way. There are six exciting trail points to visit this year. Each trail point has an assortment of free things to do and see. Once the kids have collected all six stamps, they can enter the draw to win heaps of cool prizes. To join in on the trail at Ekka, follow these easy steps…
Collect your Ekka Learning Trail Guide
Collect your Ekka Learning Trail guide at information booths, the six Ekka Learning Trail exhibitor stands and the Ekka Customer Relations desk.
There are six trail points for your to find and visit amongst Ekka’s major pavilions and precincts. Remember to look out for the Ekka Learning Trail sign in each pavilion to find the stamp point.
Trail Point 1: Hay-mazing Maze at The Old Museum - trying not to get lost like a needle in a haystack, kids will successfully navigate their way through a maze with six checkpoints -which is made of hay of course!
Trail Point 2: Seqwater stand in the Agricultural Education Hall - kids will have fun learning about everything water, especially getting their hands dirty in the virtual reality sandpit as they learn how water catchments work.
Trail Point 3: Queensland Government Precinct in the Royal International Convention Centre
Kids will learn about the innovation that has shaped our lives over the last 140 years. The precinct will showcase cutting-edge drone and automated vehicle technology and feature engaging workshops and interactive displays.
Trail Point 4: Brisbane City Council Stand in Woolworths Fresh Food Pavilion
Kids will take part in many activities at the Brisbane City Council stand, including a free photo booth.
Trail Point 5: RACQ Animal Nursery - home to Ekka’s cutest and cuddliest animals, the RACQ Animal Nursery is a family favourite. Kids will love getting up close to more than 550 farmyard animals including calves, goats and lambs.
Trail Point 6: Horse Breeds Expo - horse around and get to know the 10 different breeds on show, from the heavy Clydesdale horse to the small Fjord. Kids will love watching the demonstrations put on by each breed and learning about their favourite horses.
How to enter the prize draw
Once the kids have collected all six stamps, they can enter the draw to win a science prize pack and Street Science show for their school.
Terms and Conditions
- The promotion is to be conducted by The Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) and runs from 11th August to 20th August 2017 within the Ekka Precinct.
- To enter the competition, a completed entry form must be dropped into the entry boxes located at all 6 trail points.
- Any entries made after the stated closing date will not be accepted as competition entries.
- One winner will be drawn at random at the RNA, 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills at 9am on Wednesday 23 August 2017.
- Winner will be notified by email before the 30 August 2017, and the winner’s name will be announced on the Ekka website.
- Prize includes one (1) science show (only) for the winner’s school provided by Street Science, up to the value of $1,000. The prize must be booked and used by end of term four (4) in 2017. Dates subject to availability. Travel charges may apply outside of the greater Brisbane area.
- The Science Show prize must be booked directly with Street Science through firstname.lastname@example.org or 0410550481 and the booking must be made via the school.
- Science Prize Pack to the value of $500 cannot be returned or exchanged for any other items. Arrangements for collection or delivery of the Science Prize Pack must be made directly with Street Science through email@example.com or 0410550481.
- Prizes are non-transferable and prizes cannot be resold.
- The RNA is not responsible for any lost or damaged prizes. The RNA is not responsible for any incorrect or indecipherable contact details or mailing addresses.
- The RNA reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute displays, exhibitions and attractions and/or vary advertised programs, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- Persons entering the Ekka Precinct do so at their own risk. The RNA accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to any person or thing participating in the Ekka Learning Trail.
- The RNA reserves the right to change / alter the Terms and Conditions of this promotion at its discretion and is not required to notify the entrees.