Little Sprouts Competition supported by Brunnings
Get your prep and kindergarten kids growing radishes for a chance to win gardening prizes! This fun competition will teach them how to care for and grow their own food.
Enter your class online before 5pm, Friday 3 May 2019 to receive your competition pack, which includes:
- 2.8L plastic pot
- Potting mix
- Radish seeds
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Biggest radish (measured by diameter)
- Funniest looking radish (judged by panel of experts!)
Each competition entry includes 1 x Adult and 1 x Child ticket to Ekka so you can deliver your radish pot for judging.
- Online entry is required prior to collection of competition pack.
- $5.00 entry fee per radish pot. Maximum three (3) entries per school.
- Competition pack can be collected between 9.00am and 1.00pm from Tuesday 21 May to Friday 24 May at the Brisbane Showgrounds reception, 600 Gregory Terrace
- You must present a printout of your entry confirmation to the reception staff member at the Brisbane Showgrounds upon collection.
- All entries in the Little Sprouts competition must use the supplied radish seeds and growing pot.
Class 1 Potted Radish
Children must harvest and reveal their radish at the 2019 Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) for judging at 10.00am on Saturday 17 August.
Australian Curriculum Alignment:
This competition is aligned and recommended for Prep students, however all year levels are welcome to enter.
Living things have basic needs, including food and water (ACSSU002)