Little Sprouts Competition supported by Brunnings
Get your prep and kindergarten kids growing radishes for a chance to win gardening prizes! This fun competition will teach them how to care for and grow their own food.
Enter your class online before 5pm, Friday 20 March 2020 to receive your competition pack, which includes:
- 2.8L plastic pot
- Potting mix
- Radish seeds
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Biggest radish (measured by diameter)
- Funniest looking radish (judged by panel of experts!)
Each competition entry includes 1 x Adult and 1 x Child ticket to Ekka so you can deliver your radish pot for judging.
- Online entry is required prior to collection of competition pack.
- $5.00 entry fee per radish pot. Maximum three (3) entries per school.
- Competition pack can be collected between 9.00am and 1.00pm from Tuesday 19 May to Friday 22 May 2020 at the Brisbane Showgrounds reception, 600 Gregory Terrace
- You must present a printout of your entry confirmation to the reception staff member at the Brisbane Showgrounds upon collection.
- All entries in the Little Sprouts competition must use the supplied radish seeds and growing pot.
Class 1 Potted Radish
Children must harvest and reveal their radish at the 2019 Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) for judging at 10.00am on Saturday 15 August 2020.
Australian Curriculum Alignment:
This competition is aligned and recommended for Prep students, however all year levels are welcome to enter.
Living things have basic needs, including food and water (ACSSU002)