Although the 2020 Ekka was cancelled due to COVID-19 planning is now underway for the 2021 show.
DO THE DAGWOOD DOG DARE
It’ll be man versus food when competitors face off in Ekka’s Dagwood Dog Eating Competition supported by Keppel Dogs.
These competitors will be hungry for a win, as they compete across two classes - Open Amateur and Professional.
They will race against the clock and each other in a bid to be the first to eat 20 full size dagwood dogs in under 10 minutes.
This event is sanctioned by Competitive Eating Australia.
2019 Professional Results
- 1st Prize - Cal “HulkSmashFood” Stubbs
- 2nd Prize - Michael “The Machine” Stonier
- 3rd Prize - Jason “King Jase” Peters
2019 Open Amateur Results
- 1st Prize - Mimi Zhang
- 2nd Prize - Hendrika Guanz
- 3rd Prize - Wu-Hsien “Big Paul” Ting