Ekka's Country Music Showdown presented by Ringers Western sees musicians aged 12 years and over compete in the ultimate music experience; performing two songs at the XXXX Stockmen’s Bar and Grill. Previous winner Blake O’Conner toured Australia with country music couple Brooke McClymont and Adam Eckersley and released an album in 2019.
This year’s competition includes a prize pool of over $15,000, with judges and more prizes to be announced over the coming weeks. There are two categories: Junior and Open. For details on age requirements, refer to the competition T&Cs (see link under useful information).
To enter the competition, you will need to submit:
- Two YouTube video links of song performances in the country music genre.
- Song charts and the key of the songs you intend to perform at the Country Music Showdown. Charts need to be 1 to 2 pages maximum of lyrics with chords, a numbers chart, or lyrics with numbers. If you don’t supply charts, the backing band can write them for you at a cost.
- A headshot and short bio (max 100 words) of your solo or duo act
Tips on entering:
- If you are using your phone to record your entry, shoot in horizontal mode
- No giant logos on your shirts or hats, or featured anywhere in the shot
- Make sure you’ve got good lighting and quiet space so we can see and hear you
1st Place Open Prize
1st Place Junior Prize
1st Place Open Winner - Felicity Kircher
1st Place Junior Winner - Ella & Sienna