Although the 2020 Ekka was cancelled due to COVID-19 planning is now underway for the 2021 show.
Students will race against the clock to create, produce and edit a multimedia product during their Ekka excursion!
The competition allows students to develop:
- An understanding of the structure and features of a short film
- An understanding of camera angles, movement and shots in constructing a screen-based narrative
- Practical production skills
- Teamwork, time management and planning skills
Students will be able to engage with other schools through an online platform with the chance to have their creations shared on the Ekka’s social media platforms.
This competition is aligned and recommended for Year 9, 10 & 11 students. However, year levels 5-12 are welcome to enter.
Australian Curriculum Alignment:
Year 9 & 10
Develop and refine media production skills to integrate and shape the technical and symbolic elements in images, sounds and text for a specific purpose, meaning and style (ACAMAM075)
Develop and refine media production skills to integrate and shape the technical and symbolic elements in images, sounds and text for a specific purpose, meaning and style (ACAMAM077)
Unit 4: Identity
Area of Study: Technologies
- How do media artists experiment with technological practices?
Area of Study: Representatives
How do media artists portray people, places, events, ideas and emotions?
For detailed subject matter please refer to QCAA Film, Television & New Media