2021 Ekka is cancelled. To read the full statement - click here
What do I get with my Ekka ticket?
You get admission for your chosen day and access to all the free activities Ekka has to offer! Get hands-on in our variety of fun animal activities, view all our magnificent competition displays, watch our action-packed live competitions, visit our entertainment stages for some of the nation's best performances and catch our ever-popular night show "EkkaNITES!"
Am I eligible for a discount on entry to Ekka?
Check our Concession Cards page to see if you're eligible for a concession ticket.
Can I leave the grounds and re-enter on the same ticket?
Valid Ekka Ticket holders may be granted a pass that allows them to leave and to re-enter the Brisbane Showgrounds (a Pass Out), subject to the conditions in this section.
- Pass Outs may be claimed free of charge by Ekka Ticket holders at the gates, customer relations or any information booth within the Brisbane Showgrounds between 9am - 8pm on any day the ticket-holder enters the Ekka with an Ekka Ticket.
- Each Ekka Ticket holder is permitted to claim one (1) Pass Out per day only.
- Pass Outs are only valid for use for re-entry to the Brisbane Showgrounds on the day the Pass Out is issued.
- The RNA reserves all rights to refuse entry to the Ekka to any person who does not hold a valid Pass Out.
- Ekka Tickets must not be offered for resale including via online sale platforms such as eBay and Gumtree, except via RNA’s authorised agents.
I bought a ticket online and have not received it, what do I do?
During peak sale periods, tickets may take up to one hour to receive. Try searching your inbox and junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you still can’t find it, send us an email at email@example.com with your full name and email address used during checkout.
Do I need to print my ticket/s?
At the gate we scan printed tickets and tickets presented on your phone. Please have your ticket ready when entering the event.
Food, Alcohol & Smoking
Can I bring food into Ekka?
Yes! You're welcome to bring a picnic lunch with you to Ekka. Please remember to dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided.
Can I bring alcohol into Ekka?
No, but there are several licensed venues where you can drink.
Can I smoke inside Ekka?
There are designated smoking areas outside the Brisbane Showgrounds. Please be aware you are not allowed to take food or drink into smoking areas.
What should I do if I lose my child?
Don't panic - there is a dedicated Lost Persons station at the Gregory Terrace Police Station open between 9:00am and 7:00pm. Keep an eye out for Ekka staff as they'll be able to help you too. You can also get a child ID wristband with parent's details on the inside of the band.
What do I do if I lose my purse/wallet/keys/backpack/other item?
A Lost Property station can be found at the Customer Service Counter on the ground floor of the Royal International Convention Centre (RICC).
Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Email us your question at firstname.lastname@example.org