Frequently Asked Questions
It's Ekka time - and we'd like to help you get the most out of your time with us. Here are some common questions with answers to get you started.
What do I get with my Ekka ticket?
You get admission for the day, and there are so many things to do inside Ekka that are free with your ticket! All of the competition halls have free entry, the events in the Main Arena are free and EkkaNITES is free too!
More than 70 per cent of Ekka is dedicated to free activities, so you know you're getting outstanding value for money.
Am I eligible for a discount on entry to Ekka?
Check our concession cards page to see if you're eligible for a concession ticket.
Can I leave the grounds and re-enter on the same ticket?
Valid Ekka Ticket holders may be granted a pass which allows them to leave and to re-enter the Brisbane Showgrounds (a Pass Out), subject to the conditions in this section.
- Pass Outs may be claimed free of charge by Ekka Ticket holders at the gates, customer relations or any information booth within the Brisbane Showgrounds between 9am - 8pm on any day the ticket holder enters the Ekka with an Ekka Ticket.
- Each Ekka Ticket holder is permitted to claim one (1) Pass Out per day only.
- Pass Outs are only valid for use for re-entry to the Brisbane Showgrounds on the day the Pass Out is issued.
- The RNA reserves all rights to refuse entry to the Ekka to any person who does not hold a valid Pass Out.
- Ekka Tickets must not be offered for resale including via online sale platforms such as eBay and Gumtree, except via RNA’s authorised agents.
Can I bring food into Ekka?
Yes! You're welcome to bring a picnic lunch with you to Ekka. Please remember to dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided.
Can I bring alcohol into Ekka?
No, but there are several licensed venues where you can drink.
Can I smoke inside Ekka?
There are designated smoking areas outside the Brisbane Showgrounds. Please be aware you are not allowed to take food or drink into smoking areas.
What should I do if I lose my child?
Don't panic - there is a dedicated Lost Persons station at the Gregory Terrace Police Station open between 9:00am and 7:00pm. Keep an eye out for Ekka staff as they'll be able to help you too. You can also get a child ID wrist band with parent's details on the inside of the band.
What do I do if I lose my purse/wallet/keys/backpack/other item?
A Lost Property station can be found at the Customer Service Counter on the ground floor of the Royal International Convention Centre (RICC).
What parenting facilities are available?
Parenting facilities are available in the following locations: Arrow Energy Pavilion toilet block near Queensland Rail train entry platform; Expo Place toilet block; in the Ernest Baynes Stand; opposite the Iron Jack Woodchop Arena; and inside Sideshow Alley at Gate 7.
The larger parents room under the Ernest Baynes Stand features a microwave to heat up milk, a sink, breastfeeding facilities and nappy change facilities.
I use an electric wheelchair - can I recharge it at Ekka?
Yes - there are two dedicated recharge stations for your convenience, located in the Woolworths Fresh Food Pavilion.
Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Email us your question at firstname.lastname@example.org