The Ekka starts on the first Friday of August - providing this is not prior to the 5th - in which case it begins on the second Friday.
Below are the show dates until 2050.
|Year||Dates (August)||Public Holiday (August)|
|2018||10 - 19||15|
|2019||9 - 18||14|
|2020||7 - 16||12|
|2021||6 - 15||11|
EKKA PUBLIC HOLIDAY
For Brisbane city residents, the official Ekka public holiday (also known as People's Day), is on Wednesday 14 August 2019.
Above are the Brisbane city public holiday dates until 2050.
Many areas in regional Queensland recognise the show holiday on Monday 12 August 2019, including:
- Bundaberg region - within the postcode of 4671
- City of Redland
- Goondiwindi region - the area covered by the former Shire of Inglewood within the boundaries of the parishes of Wyemo, Beebo, Texas, Silverspur, Arcot, Gunyan, Bonshaw, Maiden Head, Aitkin's Flat and the town of Texas
- Gympie - Goomeri Township, Parish of Goomeribong
- Lockyer Valley region
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay region
- North Burnett region - Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Mount Perry and Monto Areas
- Scenic Rim region
- Shire of Balonne – outside the postcode of 4486
- Shire of Cherbourg
- Somerset region
- South Burnett region
- Toowoomba region - the part of the Toowoomba Regional Council area covered by Yarraman, Upper Yarraman and Cooyar
- Western Downs region - Tara
Please visit the Queensland Government website for all show holiday dates.